Our PPR pipe extrusion machine can produce PPR size range from Ø16 to Ø160mm.
PPR pipe is mainly used for cold water and hot water supply. When used for supplying hot water, PPR pipe can working at max temperature of 95℃. And it can continuous working for 50 years at temperature of 70℃.
Adding additional extruder and changing die head structure can produce PPR fiberglass composite pipe.
We can provide different PPR pipe extrusion lines: normal or high speed, single or multi-layer, single or double strand.
If You Have Any Inquiry, Please Click The Button
Feel free to contact us anytime!
PPR Pipe Production Line Parameter
|Pipe Range (mm)
|Output Capacity (kg/h)
|Main Motor Power (kw)
Advantage of PPR Pipe
- Hygienic and non-toxic: pure water can flow inside the pipeline system.
- Good heat resistance: short-term use temperature can reach 95℃, continuous use under the conditions of temperature 70℃ can reach 50 years.
- Corrosion resistance, non-scaling: no reaction with other chemical elements in the water.
- Light weight, high strength, good toughness, impact resistance.
- Thermal insulation and energy saving: the thermal conductivity at 20°C is only 2% of that of metal pipes, which is very effective for heat preservation and energy saving when transporting hot water.
- Small fluid resistance: the inner wall of the pipe is smooth and will not scale, and the roughness coefficient of the inner wall is much lower than that of the metal pipe.
- Reliable connection: butt heat fusion connection and pipe joint connection, no leakage of pipe connection section.
Application of PPR Pipe
PPR Pipe Connection
PPR Pipe Manufacturing Process Flow Chart
- Process 1: PPR granules and other additives weighed proportionally, and then loaded to mixer. After mixing material will be transported into single screw extruder.
- Process 2: Raw materials will be heated, melted, further mixed and plasticized inside screw and barrel of extruder. Plasticized melt will be pushed by screw and move into the flow channel of die head.
- Process 3: The die head is also with heating function. Heated melt will flow through flow channel inside die head to form pipe shape. The hot melt in pipe shape comes out from die head will go to the vacuum tank.
- Process 4: The vacuum tank creates vacuum and have cooling water spray inside tank body. At the entrance of the vacuum tank, there is calibration sleeve, the hot melt will go through calibration sleeve. Vacuum will make pipe outer surface clung to calibration sleeve. And cooling water will cooling the melt. Pipe will form in this stage. Although pipe has formed in the vacuum tank, it is still hot when comes out from vacuum tank. So, it goes into cooling tank for further cooling.
- Process 5: PPR pipe extrusion line usually has several cooling tanks to have sufficient cooling for PPR pipe. Haul off unit is placed after cooling tanks.
- Process 6: the cooled pipe are pulled by haul off unit. Haul off unit provide pulling force during whole pipe forming process: from melt comes out from die head to pipe into cutter. Cutter is placed after haul off unit.
- Process 7: The cutter will cut pipe at required length. Usually, PPR pipe cutter is using knife cutting and pipe cutting surface is smooth. Stacker to unload straight PPR pipe.
Units of PPR Pipe Extrusion Line
Single Screw Extruder
Based on 33:1 L/D ratio for screw design, we have developed 38:1 L/D ratio. Compared with 33:1 ratio, 38:1 ratio has advantage of 100% plasticization, increase output capacity by 30%, reduce power consumption up to 30% and reach almost linear extrusion performance.
Extrusion Die Head
Extrusion die head apply spiral structure, each material flow channel is placed evenly. Each channel is after heat treatment and mirror polishing to ensure material flow smoothly. Die head is modular design, easy for changing pipe sizes, assembling, dismantle and maintenance. Change inside spiral part can produce single layer or multi-layer pipe.
Vacuum tank is used to shape and cool pipe, so as to reach standard pipe size. We use double-chamber structure. First chamber is in short length, to ensure very strong cooling and vacuum function. As calibrator is placed in the front of first chamber and pipe shape is formed mainly by calibrator, this design can ensure quick and better forming and cooling of pipe.
Cooling tank is used to cool pipe further.
Haul off unit provides sufficient traction force to pull pipe stably. According to different pipe sizes and thickness, our company will customize traction speed, number of claws, effective traction length. To ensure match pipe extrusion speed and forming speed, also avoid deformation of pipe during traction.
To support and unload pipes. Length of stacker can be customized.
To support and unload pipes. Length of stacker can be customized.
PPR Pipe Making Machine Price (Based on Your Requirements)
We have different model for PPR pipe making machine with different capacity to produce different sizes of PPR pipes.
In addition to the machinery price, it is recommended that you need to know the investment amount of the entire project.
Extrusion machine is most important factor to consider. Because the choice of other component will be based on the extrusion machine. According to your requirement, we will provide you the machinery price with exact machine configuration.
Auxiliary machinery are necessary to make extrusion machine working. For example, suitable transformer is required to provide electricity; chiller is needed to provide cooling water; air compressor is necessary to provide compressed air. In addition, mixer, crusher, etc. are used to mix material and recycle scrap material.
According to the machinery information, we will recommend you the space of workshop to install and operate the extrusion machine and its auxiliary machinery. You can calculate the workshop cost based on our information.
We will give recommendation of number and types of workers required to make extrusion machine running. For example, how many operators and ordinary workers.
We will also recommend the spare raw material you need to prepare. Because it is necessary to have some raw material in stock in order to make extrusion machine continuous running and you can have enough time to purchase additional raw material.
PPR Pipe Manufacturing Plant Layout
Our company will provide detailed machine layout. We can also plant layout according to your workshop drawing.
Our layout is customized based on different size of PPR pipe machine and customer workshop.
Below is important information which we will show in the plant layout according to you workshop drawing:
According to your workshop drawing, we will arrange extrusion machine based on the original transformer position. Or if you do not have transformer yet, we will recommend suitable transformer position.
Water Tank Position
Water tank is necessary to provide continuous cooling water to the extrusion machine. We will consider the water tank location to make water circulation smoothly between machine and water tank.
Usually, we recommend to locate air compressor away from the extrusion machine because of the big noise created by the air compressor during its working. We will allocate the good position of air compressor according to your workshop drawing.
Trench is located beside the extrusion machinery. It has conduit pipe, air pipe , water supply pipe and water drainage pipe inside. You can also choose not to have trench.